testing & Coaching Kurse
House of Test arbeitet mit bekannten Experten in der Testing und Coaching Welt zusammen. Alle unsere Kurse sind auf Anwendung fokussiert und geben Ihnen direkt anwendbares Wissen. Unsere Kurse werden Sie herausfordern!
Klicken Sie auf den Kurs, um eine Detailbeschreibung zu sehen.
Fragen? Rufen Sie an: +41 78 804 03 25
Zen and the Art of Agile Test Management – Robert Sabourin – (ENGLISH)
Successfully leading teams to consistent on time, on quality and on budget projects – is a critical skill set of the – Test Manager. But when transitioning to agile the Test Manager often seems to be completely left out in the cold. Many advocates argue that in agile there is simply no need for a test manager. Those (few remaining) useful testers will naturally, or somehow magically, morph into great agile team members actively participating delivering value instead of naïve nay saying, perfunctory negativism and the general spreading of bad news.
- So our company has gone to agile…
- we’ve all taken a bunch seminars
- many people have been given certifications and stickers – yeah we are official
- some sage consultants have guided our stakeholders
- we’ve built popsicle stick bridges
- we’ve scrum masters to facilitate us
- we’ve product owners to prioritize us
- we’ve team members to actually do some real work
- and we plan about planning
- and we ALWAYS release ALWAYS
- but it seems we’ve no need for testers
- ‘cause we can self-organize out of the picture …
- Suddenly stakeholders expect individual contributors “testers” to perform magical risk analysis acting as contortionists, on the fly, in the heat of the sprint, with no information, to get software working software in just two weeks – or should I say working well enough to pass acceptance tests getting to DONE.
In this course we will share a critical role of the test manager in both agile transitions and agile team creation, development and evolution. We will show how the test manager can become an influential advocate and trusted advisor to product owners, to stakeholders and to agile team members.
This course provides methods and techniques to help test managers make a difference and actually drive success in agile product development efforts. Learn proven, effective, real world techniques becoming an influential agent of change. Identify critical skills. Implement transitional pathways. Mentor professional testers as they actively participate in agile projects.
This course is for anyone charged with managing or implementing software testing activities in any development environment, including business analysts, test engineers, test managers, developers, QA engineers, product owners, scrum masters and other software development professionals.
Delegates will be provided with electronic examples of all course materials including examples presented.
- Zen and the Art of Agile Test Management
- Guiding Harmony in Turbulent Times
- Test advocacy
- Test Automation
- Test Philosophy and Fundamental Thinking
- Agile Testing Projects
- Agile Team Members
- Central models
- Team oriented models
- Service models
- Who actually does what and when?
- Blending Example Driven, Behaviour Driven & Acceptance Test Driven approaches
- JIT – Just In Time
- ASAP – As Soon As Possible
- ALAP – As Late As Possible
- Factors that influence decisions
- Notions of quality?
- Dijkstra’s principle
- Parkinson’s law
- Covey’s First Things First
- Notion of building regression confidence
- Context drivers
- Humphrey’s Defect Injection Rates
- Situational Leadership
- Design trade offs
- Work Breakdown
- Elicitation of requirements & acceptance tests
- Regression notions
- Soft Skills
- Hard Skills
- Building libraries exemplars
- Adopting new technologies
- Context aware testing
- Learn from stakeholders
- Light effective mechanisms
- Capture relevant metrics and data
- PERT Estimation in the agile team
- Decision making getting things done
- Test Documentation
- Breaking traditional roles
- Skill balancing
- Skill development
- Evolving the practice of testing
- Scrum of Scrums
- Team structures
- Centralized teams
- Independent teams
- Service oriented teams
- Distributed teams
- Hyper distributed Bohemian team structures
About the Instructor
Robert Sabourin, P.Eng. has more than 36 years management experience leading teams of software development professionals to consistently deliver projects on-time, on-quality and on-budget.
As a respected member of the software engineering community, Robert has trained and mentored literally hundreds of top professionals in the field.
Robert is an Adjunct Professor of Software Engineering at McGill University who often speaks to conferences around the world on software engineering, Software Quality Assurance, testing and management issues.
|Training||Zen and the Art of Agile Test Management – Robert Sabourin – (ENGLISH)|
|Date||11/05/2020 – 12/05/2020|
|Place||OBC Suisse AG
|Contact||House of Test GmbH
Tel. +41 78 804 03 25
|Registration deadline||11/05/2020 09:00|
|11/05/2020||09:00 – 09:30||Robert Sabourin||OBC Suisse AG||Zen and the Art of Test Management|
|12/05/2020||09:00 – 09:30||Robert Sabourin||OBC Suisse AG||Zen and the Art of Test Management|